Monday, April 24, 2017

Road Trip #1

One advantage to following the New York-Penn League is you can see a lot of other baseball before the season starts on June 19 and after it concludes in early September. Today, I'm making my first road trip of the season to Charleston, West Virginia to watch West Virginia Power play the Charleston (South Carolina) River Dogs in South Atlantic League action.



I'm looking forward to my first trip to Appalachian Power Park. There will be several familiar faces. A total of 33 former New York-Penn League players are on the rosters of the Power (19) and the River Dogs (14). Box seats were only $3 for tonight's contest and I'll post my impressions when I get back home.



Photo credits: MiLB.com; discovercharlestonwv.com; charlestongateway.com

The Stedler Report is not affiliated with Minor League Baseball or the New York-Penn League

No comments:

Post a Comment